Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Company

We had visitors - yeah! Grandma and Grandpa Danes came down to Utah yesterday to see Aunt Alice (Grandma's sister), who has been in the hospital very ill. Karen came down as well, and we all enjoyed a Mexican dinner at Los Hermanos after being at the hospital. I haven't had chips and salsa in a very long time and forgot how YUMMY they taste - ate way too many! G & G stayed overnight, and spent a good share of today at the hospital. Even though they were only able to stay a short time (they've gone home already), we loved the time we were able to spend with them and are so glad they came. Side note: Aunt Alice has vasculitis, and was going down hill quite rapidly, but with some new medicine this morning, she is beginning to improve just a little bit. We are hopeful the doctors can get to the bottom of all the complications and help her fully recover.

Grandpa Danes with his cute smile
(notice the fun rabbit straw he's using)

Had to grab a picture of Grandma Danes too

New friends catching a nap together

(our dog Chipper is the ball of fur next to Grandpa)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad you got to enjoy Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure Muffin will be glad to have them back, though! The Mexican food sounds so good right now! We need to find a good Mexican place here.

Karen said...

Kathy I really enjoyed dinner and our visit with G&G and the cousins at the hospital. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night too!

Melinda said...

I love the picture of Grandpa sleeping with Chipper. We have pictures of most of the grandkids asleep wiht him, so that was pretty cute to me!

I'm glad you got to enjoy the time with them and am jealous of your Mexican outting.

Grandma Danes said...

We should have taken our own car so that we could have stayed longer. Enjoyed what we had though. Going tomorrow to Cody's birthday party at Aaron's house. Enjoy today and Happy Birthday.

McD Fam said...

So jealous of you getting Grandma, Grandpa, AND my mom. I guess I'll just have to get my turn this summer!

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

I did feel really fortunate, LaNita. But we're so excited that so many of you girls are planning to come to the reunion - you'll get to see LOTS of family there!