Saturday, June 14, 2008

Belated Thoughts

I just read Annette's blog and realized that I overlooked mentioning our Aunt Alice, who passed away on June 5, and a funeral on June 10, which was filled with music (Aunt Alice loved music) and very inspiring. It was wonderful to see and visit with so many extended family members there. Annette's thoughts posted on her blog are so beautifully written, and I could just echo everything she said and be done. My Aunt Alice was truly an amazing woman whom I loved and admired. She lived & sacrified to love and serve her family, raising 14 children who are all awesome people! She always made me feel so important whenever I was around her, and she had a bubbly laugh that just made you smile and want to be near her. In addition to so many memories as a child with Aunt Alice's family, Dave and I (and whatever children were with us) on several different occasions, stayed with Uncle Floyd and Aunt Alice and always enjoyed every minute. Although we are saddened by Aunt Alice's passing, I am so grateful for the memories I have of her and her family, and especially for the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again. I am so grateful for families, and how close our Danes extended family is, how we make an effort to have close relationships, which really are some of the most important things in life. Love you all!

No comments: