Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And the answer is......

For all of you who've been wondering what the concoction was on Emily's bedroom floor....I think Rachel had the closest guess. It was sugar and watermelon juice! I had Emily come help me, and thankfully it came out pretty easily. We're not out of the woods yet, though. Emily got some princess stamps with a stamp pad for her birthday. We didn't realize the stamp pad would leak - here's the result on her playroom carpet....


She felt really bad about it, but it's okay, though. The ink that doesn't totally come out will almost match the stains there from the maroon paint a few months ago. Truly, I love that Emily is such a creative, imaginative little girl, and some day I'm going to miss these little messes....



9 comments:

Nicia said...

What a great attitude and outlook to have Kathy! I need to be more like you!!

Nathan said...

That is kind of ironic that it is one thing then another. She really is a cute girl and very inquisitive. That is a wonderful thing. It also helps that she remembers most of what she learns. (at least it seems that way when I talk to her, she remembers everything)

Rachel Holloway said...

YEAH!!! See?? I sure do know my messes! :) kidding!

Bummer about your carpet. It's tough when things get ruined, but you're right--gotta remember the messes won't last and then you really WILL miss that stage of life!

Annette said...

I have no one left to make that kind of mess. I only have "leave your stuff all over messes", scrap booking messes, don't put your dishes in the sink messes. I miss my little ones. Emily is such a blessing in your life!

Stephanie said...

I thought it was sugar, but I never would have guessed watermelon juice! What a creative girl! :-)

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

Wow, wouldn't have geuused that, bummer about the ink pad though. At least she helped you clean up.

Karen said...

Yes you will...miss this. I am ready to have the 18 yr old mess leave, but even as I speak I know...I'm gonna miss this too.

Anonymous said...

I still get upset about messes like that, but mostly because they're happening in a house that doesn't belong to us right now. I will have to pay for whatever I can't remove! It is funny, though, to see how focused they can get on their project and completely forget other consequences :)

Michelle said...

Try nail polish remover on the ink stain. The alcohol can dissolve the pigment. That's what I use when Oren paints with a sharpie marker all over my bed. It takes a while, but will work on lots of stains. Pour a little on, and scub gently/ blot with a paper towel. Repeat until the stain is gone. Good luck!