Thursday, July 2, 2009

Michael's Garden/Michael's Tree

It has been a little over a year, near the 1-year mark of Michael's passing, that my sisters came and spent a weekend with us, purchasing plants and planting a memory garden. I thought I'd share how well the plants are blooming. I love seeing their beauty each time I step out my door or drive up to our home, and the daisies are my favorite! Thank you again, Karen and Annette (and my cousin Allison) for your labor of love in honor of Michael.

Here's a picture of the memorial tree (a flowering tulip tree) we planted for Michael last year as well. It was planted in the park behind our home, with a beautiful view of it out our kitchen window.


The pictures don't do the tree justice. It really is so pretty almost right in the middle of what many believe is the nicest park in Springville and will be even prettier when it starts flowering in a few years. The bare spot is for the memorial stone that we plan to have in place within the next few months. Thanks again to all our loved ones who helped with this very special project. We hope the garden and tree bring a smile to Michael's face and remind him of our love.

5 comments:

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

That's beautiful Kathy!

Nicia said...

I think it's beautiful, and I know Michael appreciates it.

Grandma Danes said...

It is beautiful. I enjoy seeing it when I am there - both in your front yard and in the park.

Esther said...

looks beautiful. that is such a good idea to plant a garden for him.

Anonymous said...

The flowers around your front door look just lovely; what a beautiful reminder ")