Friday, April 9, 2010

Playing Catch Up - December

It's been 4 months since I've made a blog post. I had to think twice about what my password was to even sign in! We've had such wonderful news happening in our family the past few months that I decided I better catch up a little and at least mention them and post a few pictures for the record.

December 19: Justin and Stephanie get married (guess I can take the ticker off the blog now) :)

Coming out of the Mesa Temple

Proof we were all there! All of our children (and spouses) were able to be there except for Jordan (in Mexico), and Andrew, and Starrie, since Starrie was due with Jocelynn about a week later.

Emily carrying the train

Groomsmen, bridesmaids, Emily, & Alyssa

The reception was held in Stephanie's home and backyard - everything was absolutely gorgeous. Her dad made homemade Mexican food (yum!). Perfect December Arizona weather (73 degrees) for a perfect day!

Cutting the cake

Emily all tired out

Congratulations to the happy couple!


Christmas 2009:

We are so blessed to live close to Bill and Karen! One night we met them in Salt Lake City, enjoyed dinner together, then went to see a gingerbread house display. There was also a nativity display and a tree display there. So pretty!


Bill and Karen at the Christmas display

I can't believe it, but this is about the only picture we took on Christmas day!!

Kathy and Emily sporting the new aprons that Caitlin made for us!!


December 28: We became grandparents again!! Beautiful Jocelynn Autumn Whittle was born to Andrew and Starrie, at 10:25 a.m. Weighing in at 7lbs 12oz, 19 inches long.


Jocelynn and her Daddy

Aunt Emily and Jocelynn

Grandpa Whittle & Jocelynn

Jocelynn's little family

We feel so blessed to live close by and be able to enjoy Jocelynn as often as we do. It's a joy to watch her grow, smiling all the time now, and starting to interact with people. I was sick for over a week and had to stay away from her and not hold her - not fun!!! Dave and I love being grandparents!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

So many things to say about this post.

CONGRATS to Justin and Steph. SO excited for them!

LOOOOVE those aprons Caitlin made. WHAT A ROCKIN' SEAMSTRESS!!!

And hooray for being a grandparent all over again. You are so blessed!!

Nicia said...

I loved that you said you could take off the ticker now. Cracked me up! Great post, Kathy! I love reading and seeing pictures of what's going on over there. ...even if it makes me homesick!! :)