Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sleepover

When Dave is out of town on a weekend, Emily & I like to have a sleepover. She really misses having these with Nicia and Caitlin. So last night it was sleepover night. We went to a ward ice cream social in our park first. Yum! Then we played Yahtzee where Emily won, even though I had gotten a yahtzee, and she hadn't. Go figure! Then we went upstairs for the usual pillow fight. With a king size bed and pillows, it's way fun! We were laughing pretty hard.
We like to "bury" each other in the pillows. Above is Emily waving hi. Later I'm trying to lay still to get "buried" by Emily, and she say's, "Mom, don't move a hinge!" (instead of don't move a muscle)

Emily gearing up for the next "hit"

Towards the end of the fight, Emily fell off the bed and didn't want to play anymore. We watched Arthur together and decided to wait on doing our nails since it was getting really late. This morning Emily got to choose what to have for breakfast (pancakes) before heading out for her first soccer game. I love having sleepovers with my little girl!

6 comments:

Nicia said...

Oh I miss having sleepovers so so much!! When Caitlin comes home we will definitely have one with all the girls! Glad you guys had some fun.

Stephanie said...

What a fun tradition! It reminds me of the Girls' Nights we would have when Dad and the boys went on father/sons outings. We would always have Oreos and milk, and watch movies until late - it was so much fun!

Melinda said...

What a fun tradition! Emily looks so cute in her little nightie on and pillow in hand! Glad you had fun!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a fun time...way to create memories with your daughter! I am sure that when you guys all get together again you will have one heck of a sleepover!

When does Caitlin come home? You should put a countdown on your blog!

Kathy Whittle said...

Hey, Rachel - Thanks for the countdown idea! We'll do it!

Grandma Danes said...

What fun! I remember lots of sleepovers our girls had but don't remember being part of the pillow fights, etc. I think I was usually fixing good food or something. Glad you're doing that with Emily.